Connecticut Community Foundation serves the people of Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills. Grants, available to nonprofit organizations in our 21-town region, emphasize the following priorities:
- Arts and Culture: Promotes diverse and active cultural participation through the development of creative partnerships between nonprofit service providers and artists / arts organizations.
- Cradle to Career: Supports successful educational and social emotional outcomes for youth, starting at birth and ending in early adulthood.
- Economic Vitality: Builds a stronger regional economy through avenues including workforce development, infrastructure planning/studies, affordable housing, and economic security programs for residents.
- Environment: Supports the conservation and preservation of our natural resources (including land, water, air, and energy), while increasing environmental awareness for residents of all ages.
- Grassroots Engagement: Supports Waterbury residents to create positive changes in their neighborhoods, and encourages the growth and development of resident-led groups.
- Healthy Communities: Advances local health priorities, including: access to care, prevention and control of chronic disease, increased availability of nutritious food, mental health care, substance abuse prevention, eye health, and fitness.
- Older Adults: Supports services and opportunities that help older adults stay healthy, informed and engaged. Assists local communities in preparing for the aging of the population.
Technology: Supports organization-wide technology projects that help build a solid infrastructure that will strengthen all aspects of the nonprofit’s work.
Sponsorships: Provide up to $2,500 to 501(c)(3) organizations for events held in the foundation’s service area. Guidelines and application
If your project does not appear to fit within the priority areas or special initiatives listed above, please call us and we will be happy to discuss it with you.
Grant guidelines, deadlines, and applications